- May 30, 2023
- Updated 7:21 pm
- Inbox us with your queries and feedback via firstname.lastname@example.org
Can Pigmentation Patches On Skin Be Reversed?
- 265 Views
- June 30, 2021
‘Say no to discoloured patches with the best treatment for pigmentation on the face.’
What is Pigmentation?
It refers to discolouration on the surface of your skin. Pigmentation means patches of the dark at light colouring on your skin. It affects the colour of your skin. Melanin plays an important role in skin pigmentation as it determines the skin, hair, and eye colour. There are two classes of melanin, eumelanin which is responsible for the brown colour of the skin and pheomelanin gives red skin colour. They are produced from melanocytes. When the melanocytes become stimulated it affects melanin output. Sometimes the pigmentation affects a part of the body or the entire body. Consult for the best treatment for pigmentation on the face with your dermatologist.
Classifications of Pigmentation.
It is a clump of pigment cells on the skin. It is also referred to as freckles. They are the most common type of pigmentation. It occurs under the influence of repeated expulsion to sunlight.
- Age spots:
They develop due to repeated exposure to sunlight that results in brown or black colour on the surface of your skin.
- Solar lentigines:
It is also referred to as sunspots. They may develop anywhere on the body. These spots should be taken into consideration, as they can develop into skin cancer.
- Liver spots:
They are a kind of sunspots. That develops on the skin.
This pigmentation goes deeper in the dermis of the skin. It is called melasma. They are identified as large brown spots on the face.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation:
These pigments occur due to the result of acne, friction, burns, or injury.
Source of pigmentation:
- Exposure to the Sun.
- Reaction to various drugs.
- Age factor.
- Medical conditions.
- Try to avoid repeated exposure to the sun when the UV rays are at their strongest
- To avoid dryness, moisturise your skin.
- Minimise the exposure by wearing protective clothing, sunglasses, or hats, etc.
- Apply a good sunscreen product daily.
- Moisturization restores the skin, giving protection from the sun.
- Make sure that your skincare products are suitable for your skin type.
Consult your dermatologist with treatment for pigmentation on the face to guide you for more preventive measures.
- This laser facial treatment includes:
- Hyperpigmentation treatment.
- Sun damage treatment.
- Liver spots.
- Ephelides or Freckle removal.
- The uneven skin tone on the face.
- Liver spots or sunspots on hands.
- Intense pulse light therapy (IPL):
It is also referred to as photo facial therapy. It has many appointments. This therapy stimulates collagen synthesis and regenerates the cells.
- Medical Microdermabrasion:
It is a less invasive method used to regenerate skin cells, tone, and texture. It can improve the appearance of your skin. It helps to treat the thick and dull skin to brighten up.
- Chemical peels:
They help to lighten the pigment on your face. They consist of hydroquinone, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, retinoic acid, and lactic acid. It brightens up your skin
Do pigments reoccur after treatment?
However, the complete reduction of skin pigments is complicated. But there are other treatment alternatives. The best treatment for pigmentation on the face is provided by your dermatologist. The pigmented skin removal by the laser treatment will not return. Still, the pigmentation can be triggered by various components. But the stimulation of new hyperpigmentation can never be predicted. However, laser pigmentation removal treatments do not prevent new hyperpigmentation from forming.
In a nutshell
Book an appointment with your dermatologist. To identify the cause, they will guide you with hyperpigmentation or pigments that appear on your body. They will provide you with the right treatment plan. Regardless, the treatment you prefer, it is always important to guard your skin from sun damage and hyperpigmentation.
- KW on How to Make Money from YouTube in Singapore?
- Randolph on Benefits And Uses Of Styrene Acrylic Copolymers
- Minds Task on Digital Marketing 2022: Tips, Recommendations & Trends
- Avalanchio Tech on Do’s and Don’ts of Password Security
- Richie on Setting up a Property Trust in Singapore: An Introductory Guide