- December 1, 2023
- Updated 4:01 pm
- Inbox us with your queries and feedback via firstname.lastname@example.org
6 Tips to Becoming A Successful Streamer
You are sitting at your desk doing the things you hate and you’re slowly losing your sanity one day at a time.
You recall the days of being able to tune in to your video games and play with your buddies from school, meeting strangers to friends online, and having a good night’s sleep.
You start to think of how you could earn some money on the side by doing the things you once loved and you start to consider the possibilities of broadcasting your daily activities, playing your favorite video games, to a global audience, encouraging them to get to know you and form bonds that would one day lead to trips around the world to see you in person. It’s all while you’re being paid!
Is it possible that this is a scam? With a little effort and consistency, this may be your life one day. So, what do you need to do to become a successful live streamer? To be a successful live streamer, follow these tips:
Choose Your Platform
The most crucial decision every aspiring Streamer must make is which platform to devote their time to. Twitch and YouTube are the clear front-runners, as they account for the vast majority of the market. This, however, is not the end of the story. According to a survey done by the gaming site Tech Radar, on a per-streamer basis, creators receive a bigger overall share of cash than YouTube gamers, with YouTube taking roughly 50% of ad revenue compared to 45 percent for Twitch. YouTube, on the other hand, has a considerably larger potential audience, but one that is less likely to be loyal to your channel. Go to Twitch if you’re looking for loyalty. YouTube, on the other hand, might be your best bet if you’re searching for mainstream success.
Find Your Niche
You must choose what your streams will be about. Most people choose an interest, a passion, or a topic in which they are knowledgeable. You should also concentrate on identifying your niche, which is what makes you stand out. You may set yourself apart from other comparable streams by developing a distinct voice.
At the end of the day, it all boils down to one question: why would someone watch my Livestream instead of someone else’s? Once you’ve answered that question, you’ll have a significant advantage over most others who are just getting started with streaming.
Get Into Character
After you’ve figured out the basics, it’s time to figure out what type of streamer you want to be. It’s pointless to try to be like any of the other big stars in streaming since it won’t bring you any new fans. You’ll want to share a unique aspect of yourself that no one else has. Perhaps it’s your humor, your industry awareness, or even your taste in clothes. Successful streamers are those that stand out from the herd, so develop your character. This can help you build your Twitch/Youtube channel’s viewership and make it easier to commercialize it.
If you don’t connect with your viewers while streaming, you’re not getting the most out of the engagement. Allow your audience to participate in the journey. Make them the main attraction of the show. The ability to interact with an audience is essential for developing a devoted following. Here are some recommendations for engaging with your audience:
- Q&A Section
- Behind the Scenes
- Live Streaming Events
- Contest or giveaways
- Fundraising for a cause or charity
Build A Community
As a streamer, you are in charge of setting the atmosphere and establishing the rules for your stream. Your stream should be a space where people can come and go without feeling pressured, but it should have a welcoming atmosphere when they do.
By focusing on your chat, you can begin to develop a community for your streams. Expect to recall only a few details about your audience in a single stream, but the effort you put in will have a direct influence on them. For example, viewers are more inclined to return to a stream if the streamer recalls their name.
The moderators you hire can help you expand and grow your community. Moderators can play an important role in making newcomers feel welcome and valued. Moderators and viewers, on the other hand, can drive people away from you and your stream if they come across as pretentious or rude. It’s critical to emphasize that your community should never feel exclusive or arrogant.
Building A Community Guidelines
- Aside from your basic stream guidelines, there should be no conditions that prevent a viewer from being accepted – there’s no need to make viewers jump through hoops to feel welcome.
- Viewers should not feel confined; they should be able to come and go as they wish. Don’t make your viewers feel guilty if they want to watch someone else or if they are too preoccupied to watch every Livestream.
- The focus should be on dialogue, but viewers should not feel obligated to engage.
- Make sure that everybody who joins your stream feels at ease — safe, comfortable, and free to be themselves.
- Understand that some people merely want to say hello, while others want to have a full conversation, and still, others just want to hang out undetected – all of these are perfectly appropriate.
Promote Your Channel
It’s critical that you treat your stream as a business if you want to take advantage of the wonderful benefits that Twitch and Youtube offer. Setting yourself goals and building a strategy for achieving those goals is a wonderful way to get started.
Since you’re seeking to expand your Twitch/Youtube presence, your goals should be focused on increasing views or subscribers, and remember that the more well-thought-out your goals are, the more likely you’re to stick to them. We advise that you just use the SMART framework to construct your objectives. It is a straightforward and memorable goal-setting tool that will assist you in creating meaningful objectives that lead to tangible results.
We’ll go through each of these elements in detail to help you get started on your goal-setting process.
- Specific: The objectives you set for yourself should be specific and easy to understand. You shouldn’t give yourself any opportunity for misinterpretation or justifications. Rather than goals like “increase my Twitch/Youtube presence,” you should set goals like “have X number of subscribers by X date.”
- Measurable: It’s critical to be able to track your progress toward your objectives. This will assist you in determining the feasibility of your strategies and ensuring that you stay on track. It won’t be difficult to make your Twitch/Youtube growth goals measurable in this case, as you’ll be using metrics like the number of views or subscriptions to do so.
- Attainable: You should set goals that you can reach in a reasonable amount of time. You’re setting yourself up for failure and disappointment if you establish goals that you can’t objectively expect to attain. Don’t set a goal of 1000 subscribers in your first month as a streamer if you’re just getting started.
- Relevant: Make sure your objectives are in accordance with what you want to accomplish. If you want to be paired as a streamer, your main focus should be on building a continuous viewership. If increasing your subscription count is your ultimate goal, then getting new subscribers should be your top priority.
- Timely: Any objectives you establish for yourself should have a clear deadline. You place yourself in a position where you can’t afford to slack off or waste time if you set a deadline for yourself. This is a great approach to make sure you’re following through on your plans and achieving your objectives.
After you’ve set some goals for yourself, you’ll need to start planning ways to assist you to achieve them and establish yourself as a prominent Twitch/Youtube presence.
You could, for example, hold a giveaway contest.
Doing a giveaway contest is one of the simplest ways to gain more Twitch/Youtube viewers and followers. Everyone likes a good giveaway, and they can help your channel go viral.
Your audience, for example, can enter your giveaway by:
- Watching a video
- Subscribing to your email newsletter
- Following you on Twitch/Youtube
- Submitting an image
- Following you on other social networks
- And more
So, if you want to quickly build your Twitch/Youtube channel, hosting a giveaway is the simplest method to do so.
Find a Partner
Becoming a successful streamer by yourself may be quite boring and exhausting, and finding ways to continuously entertain your audience can be quite stressful.
That’s why you need a trusty sidekick by your side at all times to continuously engage with one another and let your viewers enjoy the playful banter you and your partner faces throughout the game.
Here are some traits your partner must have for both of you to enjoy your journey to becoming successful streamers:
- Someone with whom you have a deep connection. Viewers will be drawn to lively debate and may be more inclined to interact with your (or your collaborator’s) community.
- People who match your personality. It’s helpful to have someone to bounce ideas off of as you plan your streams and vice versa.
- People who have strengths that you don’t have can also help you create better content. Look out for unusual ways to collaborate and strive to create a brand image for yourself.
- Streamers that are committed to building their channels while also assisting others.
You can find your partner at some of these places, such as:
- Browse Channels within Your Niche
- Connect with random players in your Game
- Join Popular Discord Channels
- Network at FB Gaming Groups
The Bottom Line
Congratulations on getting through this article! With these steps in mind, you can fast-track your journey to becoming a successful streamer and skip some errors on the way.
Just remember, don’t expect overnight success as these may take some time to build your small community, but luckily for you, this pandemic has forced the majority of the global population to be stuck at home on their computer, making your chances to increase your viewership much higher.
Don’t lose this opportunity, start going live and make thousands of people smile along with you as you enjoy your journey to becoming one of the best live streamers of all time!